Administrative and Donor Stewardship Assistant
To apply for the Administrative and Donor Stewardship Assistant position, email your resume to [email protected]. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Thank you for your interest in the Boys & Girls Clubs of Oklahoma County.
TITLE: Administrative & Donor Stewardship Assistant
LOCATION: Administrative Offices
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President/CFO
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Non-exempt; generally scheduled between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday; occasional evening/weekend duties related to Special Events
This position is responsible for providing skilled, efficient and confidential clerical and database management support to the senior administrative team. This role will be responsible for maintaining HR and administrative files, preparing certain reports and correspondence, processing deposits, and managing the donor database and stewardship systems. This position will play an important role in the BGCOKC development and administrative teams.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (not all inclusive)
- Prepare, process and reconcile bank deposits
- Process Accounts Payable
- Work with staff to collect monthly credit card receipts and expense reports in a timely manner
- Prepare and compile information needed to complete and submit certain grant reports
- Maintain all employee files, including required annual updates
- Ensure I-9’s are always current and secure separate from employee files
- Process new hires’ and terminating employees’ paperwork
- Order background checks and drug screens on all new employees
- Assist HR manager with onboarding
- Maintain and manage the day-to-day operations of the donor database (Donor Perfect) and its related systems.
- Enter data, track and acknowledge all gifts within one week of gift acceptance.
- Prepare donor lists for both internal and external direct/mass mailings.
- Manage annual stewardship calendar and coordinate with key staff as needed to implement stewardship projects and to determine optimal stewardship strategy.
- Assist with day-to-day development activities to support donor stewardship and retention.
- Record the minutes at monthly Board meetings
- Maintain Board contact information
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard copy senior administration files
- Responsible for mailings, copying, scan ning, and some correspondence
- Responsible for ensuring office equipment is working properly
- Order supplies as needed
- Provide general administrative assistance to the senior administrative staff and other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years or more of experience in office management, finance, human resources, and/or development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities and attentive to details
- Flexible, self-motivated, positive attitude, and works well in a team environment
- Must unequivocally be able to maintain confidentiality of legal and sensitive information
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the organization’s mission
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with a donor database such as Donor Perfect, Raiser's Edge, etc.
- Experience with donor stewardship
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Knowledge of general employment requirements such as I-9's, background checks, etc.
GENERAL BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF OK COUNTY EXPECTATIONS:
- Safe Spaces—Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCOKC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical and or emotional abuse.
- Modeling Healthy Behavior—teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCOKC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members including modeling healthy relationships with co-workers through teamwork.
- Inclusive Environment—BGCOKC values creating youth-friendly environments where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGOKC expects employees to embrace its focus on including of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning—Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCOKC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participate in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The job requires working, standing, bending, turning, reaching, talking, listening; works in a clean, well lighted, heated and ventilated building. On occasion, must work outside.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high energy level, be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities, and effectively communicate with a variety of audiences in various settings.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.